Wednesday 9 January 2013

Happy New Year 2013


It seems like yesterday that I came to Japan to live my dream of doing a one year stint in Japan to train in aikido and to learn the Japanese language. In the last few days of 2012 I recalled that I could barely speak any Japanese and was having a hard time going about with my daily life because there was not much allowance for communication to be done in English. And of course the cold. Now I could carry on simple social conversation and is more or less used to the weather here. But I still cannot believe that I made it here and completed a year.

Admittedly, I like the life here and can't get enough of it. So what do I do? I decided that I will stay here for another year! Hahaha. the first year has been pretty free and easy for me. I did not have a part time job and only spent my time studying and training (well most of the time). This year I would like to look for a part time job to gain some working experience here and also to earn some extra pocket money. I would like to do some office work but I know that my Japanese language skills are still wanting so I will be practical about it. There is one thing I would like to try out which is to work in a bakery. Baking has been a hobby of mine since a long time ago and I would like to have a chance to learn more.

For the new year I bought a tenegui that bears the twelve animal zodiac signs. February 10th will usher in the year of the Snake and I hope that it will be a great year for all!

No comments:

Post a Comment