Monday 22 June 2020

Pretty feet

The last few months have been unprecedented for many if not all of us. For me, shielding at home had been difficult and at a certain point, suffocating for me. Being confined to just moving around in the apartment and the occasional essential trips to the supermarket has given birth to rather disheartening thoughts, which concerned me a great deal. I went into depression several years ago and it has taken a great deal of effort for me to walk out of that dark cave so I wish to avoid relapsing at all costs. Having someone with you makes a significant difference but you have still got to work at it yourself. I couldn't do my weapons training at home because there wasn't enough space and the ceilings are too low. I had gone to the park behind my place in the mornings to train on several occasions but stopped as I was getting stares from a couple of ojisan. Sure, if they call the police to make a complain I could easily explain what I was doing and show that I am a law abiding resident but that also means that I would become a potential problem maker in their books. I'd rather not be in their records at all.

After two months, the state of emergency was lifted but there were still calls to refrain from inter-prefecture travels and to maintain social distancing. H and I went for a drive to the seaside to get some fresh air on the first weekend after the declaration and it really helped to reinvigorate my spirits. I much prefer the sea to the mountains and the sea breeze does miracles in blowing away whatever troubles you might have at the time. 

Well, I did cheer myself up by doing a wee bit of retail therapy and got...you guessed it. Shoes. 




Hehehe.

Impressively enough, these shoes are the pair of shoes that didn't give my feet any blisters in the inaugural fitting unlike all my other pumps. They are a bit pricey eventhough I bought them on sale but definitely worth the investment as my pretty feet are properly laboured on a daily basis.  My pumps have lasted me at least 6 years or more so I expected these to have the same life expectancy as well. 

Oh look at the time. Dinner noms.

No comments:

Post a Comment