Wednesday 29 April 2009

Is this what you call service?

I am a customer.
I walked into a bank to pay for my hire purchase instalments.
I give my credit card, identity card and filled up bank in slips.
Clerk takes my credit card and went to one corner where the credit card machines are placed.
Clerk swipes my credit card for more than 10 times only to find that my credit card won't go through
Why?
Because my credit card has a security chip.
Being rather concerned I tried to call the clerk.
Her officer then stood up and told the clerk that she was doing it the wrong way.
Now there are 2 persons standing over the credit card machine to deal with my credit card.
I see buttons being pressed but nothing is happening.
My concern turns into irritation.
I call for the clerk to come over.
The clerk walks to the counter.
I asked her if there was something wrong and asked for the return of my credit card.
Guess what?
Clerk walks off on me while I was talking.
Irritation gives way to utter annoyance.
Clerk comes back with my bank in slips, my credit card and one set of sales slips and asked me to sign on it.
I replied that I will not sign on it because I came here to make 2 payments, the transaction took so long and I did not know what was happening to my card. I asked what the problem was but she walked away from me.
Clerk replied that one payment has already been approved when I asked her about my card.
I replied I did not know because SHE WALKED AWAY.
I asked what happened to my other payment.
Clerk replied that its not gone through yet because the machines takes a long time.
I said that I wouldn't know that because SHE WALKED AWAY when I was talking to her.
Clerk told me to sign on the sales slip at it has already been approved.
I said that I do not want to make payments here anymore because when I asked for what the problem was SHE WALKED AWAY and that she SHOULD NOT HAVE WALKED AWAY WHEN I WAS SPEAKING TO HER. Now I do not want to make payment in this bank.
Clerk asked me to sign because one transaction has been approved.
I came here to get to make TWO hire purchase payments and I get this kind of service. I said that if this was the case I will make payment at the hire purchase office.
Clerk said the transaction has been approved.
I said it can be voided.
Clerk refers to officer.
I overheard officer telling clerk to just tell me that transaction has been approved. ( My unhappiness at the clerk's service and attitude now extends to that of the officer.)
Clerk comes back and tells me that transaction has been approved.
I told her that I don't want to pay here. VOID THE TRANSACTION.
Clerk goes back to officer.
Officer reluctantly voids the transaction and pass the void sales slip to clerk.
Clerk comes back and returns my cards, bank in slips with the sales slip and voided slip and sat down without saying a word. No apologies. NOTHING. Nothing from the officer either.

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK GUYS

2 comments:

  1. I'm trying to remember which bank it was that you're with... No harm printing out this post to the bank manager. Did you get their names? I like your resilience.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a local bank. I didn't get their names but would definitely recognize them if I see them again...within these couple of months maybe...hahahaha

    ReplyDelete