Tuesday 28 July 2009

The quest for chocolate pudding

I read from a website somewhere that there is this place which serves a decent chocolate pudding/fondant/lava cake. Excited, I enlisted my Chin Chin to go try it out. She did not have high hopes for this outing as somehow she feels that she'd be disappointed. We are quite, if not very strigent on the standards for this dessert. That is because (the word "because" to be said with a slight drawl) it is our bonding food. So it has got to be a very good one that is.

We started off with having lamb with gravy for our main course. For the price we were charged I find it acceptable. The mash potatoes were not bad but certain pieces of the lamb were tough to chew.



Then came the dessert. Hmm ice cream is outside instead of on the pudding. Hmmm crust looks too light coloured. Hmmmm. *scrutinizes*


As I took a closer look, the texture of the crust looks like that of a cake which looks to thick to be that of a chocolate fondant.


As suspected. Too thick and gooey. I have read the history of how the chocolate fondant came about but this really looks like an unbaked cake!


I could only finish the crust as I could not stomach the molten chocolate. It was more buttery and chocolatey. *shipai da*


Verdict: I would not order it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment