Tuesday 15 December 2009

New Addition

After having made my first order of dogi through a friend, I have discovered the joys of dogi shopping. Hahaha. After 21/2 years of training, I went from the 40 bucks" its-not-a-dogi dogi" (the belt kept riding up my waist), to Aididas judo gi (that went 2 size smaller) and a "B" brand dogi that should really not be used in a country with an equatorial climate. So I thought its time I get the summer dogi. The first pair were from Yamato. It has a good but tough texture. I thought to myself maybe it would be good to have 2 more sets as I train mkore or less 4 times a week. That way I only use each dogi once a week.

I ordered one set of dogi from Shirakawa and another from Suzuki through a friend in Japan. I was rather excited when I went to the post office to collect my goods. Aren't we always excited about new things??




This is the Shirakawa dogi. the first thing that struck me was how white the dogi is. Bleached maa. This dogi is a stiffer type compared to the one I ordered from Yamato.


It came with my name embroidery but it wasn't as nice as the embroidery on the other set.


When I took out this set I like it instantly. The material is soft and smooth. The pants is so comfortable you could use it as your PJs. But then again I don't...nevermind. Let's not go there. By the way this is the yomogi which is an anti fungus dogi.


The name embroidery is ostensibly better than the last one.


And this is an added bonus which incurred my great pleasure. No more complaints about my jacket opening up all over the place during training!


I have since used both sets of dogi and I do prefer the second set. The first set is very stiff and the collar often gives me problems at the side of the neck though continue friction. It's very uncomfortable to train with collar burns especially if you're someone like me who sweats buckets. Depending on how it goes I may order 2 more sets and a hakama next year. My hakama looks very weathered now and it is time to get a replacement.

No comments:

Post a Comment