Monday 15 November 2010

A rainy Sunday

I wasn't thinking of doing some housekeeping today but then I got a call early in the morning from sensei to say that he can't conduct class at Seria because he is having dizzy spells. He might have to cancel class if there is no substitute. So I contacted T and we went down together. T is going to take the class and I would be his uke.

T and I had a good chat on our way down to Seria. We arrived half an hour earlier and I did my own stretching. The class consisted of drills for ukemi. What T stressed on is not far from what sensei has benentalking about, but the difference is in the manner and articulation in delivery. With the choice of words and the way they are spoken, the impact can be QUITE different.

I was given 30 minutes of alone time with P to practice techniques for his Ikkyu grading at the end of this month. P wanted to do some tantowaza. As far as I remembered we did yokomenuchi irimingage, shihonage, kaitenage, kotegaeshi and gokyo. We repeated the same techniques with tsuki attack.



After suwariwaza kokyuho everyone lined up after sorting out his/her dogi. T then went to each and every member to adjust seiza position. Opening of the chest, straightening the back, lowering the shoulder. There is a big piece of mirror in front of us and everyone can see the difference after the adjustment. I was the only one that did not need adjustment. I know, there is no humility here. Hehehehe.

After class there was some sharing on aikido techniques and T and I had dinner before going back to BSB. Looking forward to training tomorrow.

Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment