Saturday 20 November 2010

A Bento Story

Some of you may not know, I have a thing for lunchboxes. I look at lunchboxes so often my mom will sigh at the sight, just as how I would sigh when she looks at the pots and pans. Hehehe.

Anyway, I have now have a decent collection of lunchboxes and use them as often as I can. I even have a lunch jar gifted by my colleagues because that is the only thing they are sure I would want. That lunch jar will feature in another post, hopefully.

My lastest lunchbox is Lock N Lock set from Hua Ho. There were 2 types of lunchboxes but I choose this because the top layer has 3 compartments which I thought would be more useful than the other with 2 compartments (don't ask me why...). They didn't have white so I chose my next favoured colour, red. I had used it a few times and I am surprised that the volume of food contained in this small lunchbox set is actually sufficient for my diet. It looks very small compared to the lunch jars and other lunchboxes that I use but then again...like I said, its size is good enough for my stomach.

I did a fair bit of research on the effects of plastics on food and finally decided that PP5 plastic is reasonably safe to use.

Chin said that she wants to see what food I put in it so here it goes.

Fridays are days of abstinence for me so no meat will be featured in my lunchbox. I can eat fish but sometimes I go vegetarian altogether. I like to eat my meals cooked on the day so you RARELY see overnight food in my lunchbox. I was quite rushed today so this meal is very simple. Calrose rice, beaked beans, stir fried broccoli and tuna chunks seasoned with olive oil, lemon and spring onion. So I have my carbohydrates, protein and oils.



 The lunchbox set comes with a keep warm zip bag and a set of plastic spoon and fork.

It is really a very small set. I should have put my hand next to it as a comparison of size. All in all I am very please with my purchase. Hopefully as I make my bentos I will remember to take pictures of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment