Monday 26 November 2012

A sweet little thing

The weather is getting colder and brings back memories of when I first arrived in Japan. Frankly I don't really want to get out of the house and prefer to stay indoors reading and surfing the internet. My all important examination is just around the corner so it is time to switch gears on my revision. 

Hoping to up my motivation I invited a couple of friends for a 勉強会 (study group) at my place. As we gathered in the evening it started off with some chit chat. As time passes we decided that we would start after dinner instead. I think you see where this is going. Hahaha. After dinner there was more chit chat and I ended up spending some time on a phone call. Ah the wonders of internet calling. Eventually we got started and it was followed by 2 hours of deafening silence. The study group ended with the grumbling of someone's stomach. It was time to take out the dessert!

As I realized soon after arriving in Japan the country is a nom nom haven. Especially what the patisseries here have to offer! So as a reward for our "grueling" session of self study (which is itself obligatory anyway) we ended the night by pigging out on a delicious cake.
The act of consumption was accompanied by a variety of sounds which more than adequately expressed our satisfaction with this product. There shall be the sampling of another cake very soon. Twas a good day!


No comments:

Post a Comment