Monday 26 November 2012

Some necessary spending

The soles of my boots were in a pathetic condition and today is the day to get it fixed. Aware of the high cost of living in Japan I braced myself as I looked at the price list as I approached the Mister Mint kiosk at Shinjyuku Nishiguchi station after class. The fix cost me 3,150yen which is just a little below SGD50.00. *gasp* I could probably get my shoes fixed 3 times for that amount back home. Oh well. It still costs less than me buying a new pair of boots. 



I decided to console myself with some retail therapy. HAHAHAHA. I am of the female sex after all! At first I was thinking of getting some pastries but ended up at this shop selling tea and what nots like tenugui (hand towels) and handkerchiefs. My eyes were cast upon this particular tenugui which is a limited season's edition. Since tis the season to be jolly I gladly made a purchase. 
I have grown to be very fond of tenuguis. The first tenugui I received as a gift from a Japanese friend 2 years ago and really like it. I was reluctant to use it as I thought it too beautiful to be subjected to wear and tear. But I brought it with my to Japan and eventually started using it. I now have 10 pieces, 8 of which were gifted. I am sure the number will continue to grow.

After my brief retail therapy it is off to the cafe for my revision. Although I can manage 2 solid hours the words will start swimming around after that. I don't use the language as often as I should and it has hindered my progress. Oh well, there are ways around it. *grin*


No comments:

Post a Comment