Friday 17 July 2020

One of my favourite dishes is chicken paprikash. I came across it when I was surfing on the net and it caught my attention because I have always had a thing for gravy dishes. 

I make it often, especially when I am in need of a perk-me-up. The original recipe can be found here but I will share how I make it as there are some slight variations.


First, I brown boneless chicken thigh cut into medium chunks which are seasoned with salt and pepper. Then the browned chunks are set aside.


Then, I add sliced onions and green pepper and let them steam until they are soft and the onions have gone translucent.

Then, I add paprika and stir fry the mixture for about 20 second over medium low heat to avoid the paprika powder from getting burnt.



After that, I add 250mml of water and three cubes of chicken stock.


Let simmer until chicken becomes tender.


Finally, add one tablespoon of flour to a small tub of sour cream ( the tub I bought had 200  90grams of sour cream) and temper the mixture with some of the cooking liquid.


And, voilá! Yummy chicken paprikash with rich gravy!


I personally prefer to each gravy dishes with Bario rice due to its smooth and starchy texture. But Japonica rice is also great.

Time for some early dinner noms.


No comments:

Post a Comment