Friday 25 June 2010

You will always be in my thoughts

I was looking the pictures in my laptop one night and saw this picture of me and my late granfather. He has been gone for a little over a year now but I still find it hard to accept that he's left us. He was a man of few words but has a strong presence amongst us.





I think of him often. It is natural that you would think of his goodness and the things he has done and how much more sensitive and appreciative you could have been towards him when he was still with us. But that only shows that I have perhaps like the others, took him for granted more often than appreciating him.

It is the first time that I lost a loved one. I cannot even begin to imagine going through eventual similar experiences as time catches up on us and the Lord calls for us home. But that is life. There is a beginning and an end. We have to make the best of what happens in between.

Cherish those who ARE with you now, instead of realizing what you missed and thinking about them all the time after they are gone. You should be thinking about them when they are still here, when you can see them, talk to them, hold them and tell them how much you love them. Be alert and aware. Time waits for no man. Live with love in your life.


No comments:

Post a Comment