Sunday 9 January 2011

Warming the heart.

The year is still new but somehow I can't wait for January to be over! There are many things happening at work and it has brought my stress to a whole new level. Saturday was another full day for me and I have to attend a night meeting before I could hit the sack. It so happened that the meeting when long (well that and the after meeting chat. 

What cheered me up alot was opening the post box and finding greeting cards from some friends and teachers. One in particular I thought was very special. It is an advent calender card with pull up flaps showing the sights, tastes and toys of regional Japan. I think it was very thoughtful of the sender to give me this greeting card considering the fact that I told her I will be brining my mother (her first trip) to Japan for a holiday. Thanks Kana-chan!





Aftering admiring and sharing the card with my mom I decided that it was time to go to bed. In my room, I had a look at the books on my bookshelf to decide on bedtime reading. My eyes casted upon a wrapped bundle and I took it out of the shelf, unwrapped it and lay the book on the study table. I received this book as a gift from my dear Chin who made it herself, nearly 3 years ago. I kept the book for a purpose but it seems that the book will remain in in its unused state for some time. Hahaha. You will never know, there will come a time when I know that it is the right time to use this special book.

Chin, thank you again for taking the time to make this book for me. It is one of the items I cherish very much.


Alright. Off to bed I go. Goodnight everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment