Sunday 22 May 2011

A return to my baking days?


I started baking at the age of 15 and stopped after I went to university. From baking I worked on my cooking skills to keep myself properly fed. I don't really like eating out and still don't.

Chocolate pudding/chocolate fondant is one of my favourite desserts. Actually most deserts with chocolate tickles my fancy. Of course that would mean eating out. One day I said to myself, "why do you have to eat out when you can make it yourself?". So I decided that I will start baking again. 

What you see in the picture was my first attempt at making chocolate fondant after a long break. The taste was good but the batter ended up being too thick although I followed the recipe. What was missing was the vanilla ice cream.

My next project is apple pie. I have made the dough which is now chilling in the refrigerator. Will post up pictures of the pie, if it turns out ok. Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment