Saturday 13 October 2012

Taking the exam



I did it. I registered for the Japanese Language Proficiency Test (JLPT). After 9 months of studying at the Japanese language school and living in Japan, I think it is time for me the take the test. Something to note though, by the time I finish school at the end of the year, which round the time I will be taking my JLPT, I would have only finished the N3 syllabus. The interesting thing is, I registered for N2! 

I had been living the life of a full time student since the beginning of the year but I would like to spend some of my time here doing a part time job. Sometimes I feel like I am wasting much time doing nothing. Which leads me to feel like a diminished individual. But then again I haven't been actively looking for a part time job either. So when teacher brought up the subject of taking the JLPT, I told myself that I would use this as an impetus to start the ball rolling. 

The next 2 months will be very tough, because taking the test above one's level is…always tough. But eversince I started Japanese language class I became committed to the study. For sure I came to Japan to train aikido at Hombu Dojo but I am also a language student. Therefore I cannot just train aikido and neglect my studies. I chose to come to Japan as a language student so I have responsibilities towards that end. If one chooses to do something one must do it well. 

So, I will work hard for it! JLPT N2 in December 2012. Go go go!

No comments:

Post a Comment