Friday 19 June 2009

AD DVD night



Finally after a couple of month's the 10th IAF congress & Seminar DVD has arrived! Many thanks to Chiong san for making the online order. He went through quite a bit of problems before finally getting the dvd. Apparently after waiting for some time he wrote to the website selling dvd to inquire the status of the dvd delivery. The reply was that they did not receive payment and he has to make another credit card payment. After issuing threats to report this matter to Hombu and admonishing the vendors for their less than virtuous business practices the dvd arrived a few days later.

I thought that the members would benefit from watching the seminar I suggested that we hold a dvd might for AD members. Actually there was an ulterior motive...and very minor one I might add. Well 3 of us from AD attended the seminar and since sensei and I conscientously attended each session I thought there might some footage of us on the mat. I know, how vain you might say. At least I am honest about it hehehe.

We had a potluck session and Chiong and Jeon took the trouble to getting vegetarian food to cater for my current diet which I am very grateful for. After some small chat and dinner the dvd premiere went underway. I was quite certain that I would not be featured in the dvd because Chiong said he scanned through the dvd and he saw only 2 of us in the dvd. We all who the first person is and when I saw sensei on the dvd I was convicted that I am doomed to the realm of the unknown. I was even accused of not attending the seminar and going shopping by my sensei! His ego was very inflated by then because we could all see him in seiza in the first row during Smibert shihan's session. Apparently the footage of AI was not too clear because he was seated quite far behind. Well I knew that I was there and I have the pictures to prove it!

As we settled down to watch the sessions after exclaiming and pointing out friends and acquaintances on the dvd everyone sat in fixation and admiration of the quality of aikido that is shown by the shihans and their uke.



It was great to refresh myself with what has been taught during that week in Tanabe. To me it was really aikido heaven. There are many things that I would like to say about my life with aikido but I think for now it is best kept to myself. All I can say is that aikido opened a new chapter of my life and made a very impact in my life. I could have started aikido earlier when I was in university but I believe there is a reason why I would only acquaint myself to it only 2 years ago. Since then its been a very interesting and enlightening time. I wouldn't dare say that I will be training aikido forever as I do not know what will happen tomorrow. I can say though is that aikido has become a very big part of my life and I will continue to learn it and come to my own finding as to what it embodies. As long as I able, aikido will always be by my side. I also made many friends, good ones at that too, because of aikido.

Enough said. I reckon there will be a few things that my senpai would like to try on Monday's training as a result of the dvd night. I am looking forward to all of it.


P/S: you can see more pictures of the DVD night here.

No comments:

Post a Comment