Tuesday 16 June 2009

"And what would you like to drink, sir?"

I must say I have loss a fair bit of weight since the beginning of this year and I think it was for a variety of reasons. Mourning, vegetarian diet, training and more training etc. Clothes that I bought 10 years ago still fit and I am feeling good about myself, barring certain days when I do not have enough sleep or eat.

I got myself a couple of haircuts too. First I cut off about 4 inches of my hair which took me 6 months to grow. The hairdresser was cutting and cutting and finally she commented "you have ALOT of hair!" hahahaha. The subsequent haircut saw more hair been chopped off and after work today I am going to get yeat another haircut. I like my hairdo nevertheless. It is very manageable and it take a much shorter time to dry. I don't even need to comb it, just slap on some hairwax and ta-dah!

Not many people are agreeable with my current hairdo though. My family members think that I have lost a big chunk of feminity along with the hair that was chopped off. One commented that I look like a boy. Others have said that they prefer me with long hair. Makes me look more ladylike. The list goes on. But I have one notable addition. Please read on.

So it was another night of hard training at the dojo. There were only the 3 of us seniors that night and the effects of lack of sleep, warm temperature and serious training manifested in frequent requests for water break and catching of air. I can't begin to think of the "intensive training" that awaits us in August 2009!



I went for supper after training. The waitress came over and before she could say anything I ordered a bowl of mushroom soup, to which she asked "and what would you like to drink, sir?" The question didn't register at first because I was feeling rather knackered, but after 3 seconds the last word of the waitress' question echoed in my mind.

Inner reaction--->Apa? Sir???
Outward reaction---> Really ah? Do I look like a sir to you?

Obviously the waitress was embarrassed. I don't think she meant any offence at all. Sometimes you get stuck with certain words when you keep using them again and again. Or maybe I DO look like a boy hahaha. But it didn't get to me, honestly. Because it was what it was. The moment has passed and attachment to that moment is pointless.

Amusing though, do you agree with me?


No comments:

Post a Comment