Monday 10 November 2008

My 50 questions

It is my last practice session of the month before going off the Jakarta and Kuala Lumpur. As the intensive training programme is nearing an end sensei thought he would administer a mock grading on my before I fly off. I was lucky enough to have 2 ukes namely MN and Chin. The test started off with suwariwaza against shomenuchi, yokomenuchi and tsuki attack. I had to execute pinning as well and throwing techniques. It was the same for hanmi handachiwaza. My knees were rather sore by the time Chin came in to sub for MN and I was glad when sensei commanded "tanchiwaza!". There were other attacks like katatedori, katadori, ryotedori and morotedori. I was also tested on ushirowaza specifically against ryotedori attacks.

I remember most of the techniques but got confused trying to break out of ryotedori attacks. I was also quite frustrated with ushirowaza as I never felt as if I got it right. I think at the end of the day my ki no nagare was lacking and I didn't feel the musubi. I had other concerns as well but thenI just didn't deliver.

A friend of mine reminded me that I should train my kihonwaza and my ki no nagare. As a Shu student I should just absorb and train. I wish there were more training days.

Note: For those of you who were rather baffled by the Japanese terms used please refer to the glossary here http://www.stenudd.com/aikido/aikido-glossary.htm




No comments:

Post a Comment