Monday 3 November 2008

A yearly affair

Another year has passed and before I know it it is that time of the year again. Blowing out candles and cutting cakes and stuffing yourself silly with food and having a good time. Somehow this year I felt rather forlorn this year, as I take stock of my life. I still don't know what I want to do!! Nevertheless, I came to my senses. I am healthy and able bodied, which means I venture into activities I otherwise could not if I am not in good health. I have the love and care of my family and friends. I am single. I have the liberty of changing directions at the drop of a hat. I am good in life.

On the eve of my birthday I went to a Halloween dinner at RC at the invite of Chin. Not sure what character to dress up as, I took out the witch wig I bought last year (it has been a year!) and went OD on my eyeshadow.



Slaying the WWE champion


Chin and her naughty moment hehehe


Light sabres galore!


With the ladies



I thought it was just going to be the dinner until I heard the "Happy birthday" song being played. Chin bought me a really beautiful and delicious cake (full of chocolate of course) and boy was I properly surprised!




Chin, you sure know what to say!

It was a great night. I received gifts and well wishes. Haslann got me a book on Aikido entititled Aikido for self discovery. What I liked about it is that when he got it for me he was thinking about the applicative aspects of aikido in our daily lives. Haslin got me a dvd set of "Twelve kindgoms" and I have been hooked on it since. This brother sister gave me a lethal combination of gifts, both of which have deep seats in my heart. Thank you!



On the day itself I decided to join Mr Friday at Tase for a round of yoga beside the waterfall. I haven't done yoga in quite a while and it felt really good! There were lots of people who stopped by to watch us practise and we took some photos with Jac for her calender. Mr Friday asked me, "where do you want to have breakfast today?" and we decided on breakfast. After attempted in vain to persuade me to join the morning service, Alan went off to church ans I went home to rest. I received many calls from my close friends and loved ones and it really made my day.

Sheraton was the next venue where I met up with Jen's MF and Ing for lunch. I got a birthday cake from them as well (how sweet!) and we chatted the day away.


The proper picture


The hiao chees at work


Cousin Jens was jealous that he didn't get to do his hiao chee pose. But handsome nevertheless!


Me and my birthday cake.

The day ended with dinner with family. It was a sumptous meal and we all had a good time. The next day I met up with my mentors and junior at work in town. I can't help but reminesce the wonderful time we had together for the past 6 years especially with my mentors, L and N. the 3 of us had a synergy that no one else has. Although I have left the firm it will always have a special place in my heart as I have the fortune of befriending some fine people. We may not be seeing one another for 5 1/2 days a week anymore by the bond will always be there.






I am truly good where I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment