Saturday 29 November 2008

Visit to Crush

Last night was supposed to be aikido and karaoke night but none of that materialized. I decided to visit Miles at his dojo anyway to see how the training is done.

Abas was also there training fresh from Jakarta. He brought back with him the T-shirt that I asked him to help me buy as well as what he learnt for the 4 extra days that he stayed after attending Takeda shihan's seminar. He showed me the 1 and 0 that Hakim sensei shared with us during my time in Jakarta. To put it briefly there is only 1 in aikido and if one of the pair the 1 then the other must be a 0 so that together both become 1. It involves feeling your partner with you heart and boy it will take me long enough to really understand if not to start training on it!

I hope that there will be a chance for me to go back to Jakarta to train under Hakim sensei because I enjoyed his selfless sharing and seemingly soft but effective aikido. Sensei strikes a harmonious balance between waza and aiki and that is something that I want to learn from him.

No comments:

Post a Comment