Saturday 6 September 2008

The 2 month mission

I took a Saturday off from work after a long time and I must say having a long weekend (ie not working on Saturday and Sunday) makes a big difference in terms of breakign away from work. I woke up around the same time I did during weekdays but spent some time in the house doing some chores and chatting with some friends. Then I went to the workshop to see what the problem was with my car keys. I could not activate and deactivate the locking system and had to drive my mom's car for a couple of weeks. It turned out that the battery in the key was dead and they only have one battery in stock. One working key is better than none. It felt so good to drive my red baby again, especially listening to the sound of air being sucked into the airscope. I brought my baby for a good run on the highway and oh yeah, it was good for me as it was good for him! hehe.

Met up with some friends for lunch at Frat's gadong. We thought that we could save some money with the 50% off pizza and pasta offer but whatever we saved went back to the desserts! hahahaha.







I must say though I wasn't very impressed with the chocolate pudding...suffice to say that I did not finish it. (Chin Chin gasps with rounded eyes, but she ALWAYS finishes her chocolate pudding!)



After a filling lunch and a good time spend in the company of friends I went on my way to meet Chinikins for a walk at Tasek. I could not find a changing room anywhere near the parking area and was fretting about how I might need to drive off to somewhere else to get changed with it just occurred to me that the changing room maybe further in the park. I had not walked the hills for quite some time now and I know that it is not going to be easy for my thighs. Chinikins did very well and was leading the walk all the way. I on the otherhand turned into a massive whinger, asking when we are going to reach the top. Hahahaha. I survived the valley, and resolved that I should walk the hills more regularly like I used to on Sunday mornings. We hung out at the carpark while cooling down and Chinikins decided to make me a ketupat, and a white one at that too!



I wanted to commemorate the walk with a picture but could not find anyone nearby to take a picture of us.



So this will have to do. A-ha so my baby's airscope have another use as well, a substitute tripod. After looking at our shot together Chinikins suggested that we could use a before shot and take another picture together 2 months later to see if we have lost any weight. SO I thought, why not? I haven't been very good with keeping my weight and was reminiscing about what I was like while in the NT squad. And working life and stress didn't make it easy for me to keep up with with my fitness training. But then again where there is a will there is a way. So we took a before shot.



We will take another shot at the end of October with the same pose, I think, and see what progress we've made. Actually I find taking photographs to be one of the best ways to track the physical changes in your body (sounds a bit redundant there but nevermind...). 3, 5 or 10 years down the road when we wonder what we were like a a particular time just whip out the photographs and have a blast. It also makes tangible the memories that you have of your life and the people you are and were with. Hmmm I better change the subject before I get all nostalgic. So I will be posting another picture of Chin and I at Tasek at the end of this October. Stay tuned!

After a full day of activities it had to end with a hearty dinner! I went over to Lisa's place with Tomoko-san to have steamboat dinner. As usual the food was in abundance we could not stomach it all. We needed to save a slot in our stomaches because there were 3 cakes for dessert! I raised the white flag after a slice of chocolate ice cream cake. It was just too much for me and I was getting drowsy.



We all had a smashing time and chatted until the wee hours of the morning. I have a diving trip the next morning so I wonder whether I am going to suffer for the lack of sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment