Sunday 21 September 2008

Trying out a new place

I don't know how long its been around but I dined at Palm Restaurant for the first time this weekend. I ordered a lamb dish as usual with a bowl of French Onion soup as starter and chocolate mudcake as dessert.

The service was rather slow and the waiter/waitress weren't really on the ball. I reckon it is because they are new... Alas, my french onion soup never came and by the time my lamb shank arrived I asked for the soup to be cancelled... The lamb shank was not bad as the meat was very tender. The chocolate mudcake had a bit too much fudge although it went well with the caramel sauce.

I had hoped that the chef would make an appearance and have a word with us on the order of dishes as the waiter who took our orders repeated them correctly. Good thing we checked the check too because we were charged for the french onion soup!
















1 comment:

  1. Funny... we didn't have any problems the other night... if I remember correctly, that is. Heh... Rozi and the others adored the lamb shank...

    By and by, it's only been opened for less than a month or two...

    ReplyDelete