Monday 8 September 2008

The 4th time

The number 4 is of much significance to me. 4 is my favourite number, the number of children my parents have, the number of children I would like to have etc etc. Now number 4 is also the number of times I have ever regurgitated in my life, one of which happened yesterday out sea. Lack of sleep, choppy waters and long surface intervals made it for me. I managed one dive and took some pictures but they ended up just looking green and the flash didn't quite work for me in terms of coverage. I have yet to fully explore the features of my camera so I will wait until then before deciding whether to invest in a strobe.













Daniel seems to have a fondness for the Titanic pose and as my cousin rightly puts it, whoever does the Titanic with Daniel seems to enjoy it very much, especially Mr Friday hahaha.








It was our last dive with Daniel as he is going back to KK for good. We had a BBQ and karaoke session at his place and had a ball of a time. All the best Daniel! Thank goodness for Facebook hehehe.




What I always look forward to on Monday nights is our aikido practice. Everyone was in high spirits and I had my camera with me.


The 3 aikidokeers


MN in deep comtemplation


The moves baby, the moves


All in seiza waiting for sensei to start class


See how much fun we have during practice? hahahaha

For the first time I hurt a part of my body during practice, my right deltoid. I was uke taking ukemi from the nikkyo omote pin and as I landed on the mat I overextended my right arm. Instant sharp pain. I could still carry on with practice but my right arm is in pain whenever I lifted it. I enjoyed tonight's session. We had to do jiyu waza (free techniques) starting of with at least 6 throws from shomenuchi and yokomenuchi. It was funny because Chin and I would be so happy whenever we get to do 6 throws on each's turn. It's still very mechanical as I have to remember each technique by turn. First I do kotegaeshi, then iriminage, then kokyu nage...wait a minute, what are the other 3 again? kaiten nage, shihonage and tenchi nage? Hahaha. It takes practice of course and I like jiyu waza. Fluidity in mind and action and good for musubi I feel.

I better get some rest today because we are going to work our knees at Wednesday's session.


No comments:

Post a Comment